Tuesday, December 2, 2008

OOPS!


I tried to get this picture in with the last post, but my computer messed up and wouldn't allow me to post it. It is the picture of the assignment given when students had to write about a real-life inequality. I also wanted to say that I am really proud of my students. The first day of school, I assigned a number writing assignment. Each student had to pick ten digits that represented them. It was their own special number. Then, they had to write a paragraph about their digits. For example, mine was something like 2111283266. I have two children, one boy and one girl. My daughter, Alex is 12 years old. My son, Trevor is eight years old. I have lived in three different states. I grew up in Illinois, lived in Alaska for two years and have lived in Arkansas for six years. My birthday is November 6. When the students completed this assignment, they had incomplete sentences and frequent problems with subject-verb agreement. Now, when they give me written assignments, you can see how much they have improved. Our English teachers are doing a wonderful job, and these students are truly growing.

No comments: