Sunday, November 30, 2008

New Class!

I have not had time to blog, and I have so much I should have shared before now. At the beginning of this second nine weeks, I was given another class. I now have one Algebra I block, one Geometry team-teach, and four Algebra II classes. I never really got over that "new" feeling. You know, feeling like you're one step behind all of the time. This Geometry class has really thrown me for a loop. I don't fee comfortable teaching Geometry, and I never feel prepared. In other words, I feel like I did in the other classes for the first nine weeks. The teacher I team-teach with is awesome, though. She is the head of the math department and my mentor. I always say that when I grow up I want to be a teacher like her. She is teaching me a lot. I notice, also, that I am more laid back now. She is so calm that I think it has rubbed off on me. It doesn't matter whether it is for work or for homework, I'm not as uptight about things now. I would panic when I didn't get everything done, but, as my mentor points out, the sun still comes up the next morning.

No comments: