Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Diversity

I really had trouble getting permission to take a picture of my students. My principal gave me permission, I sent home the forms to be signed, and I was given a warning that I was not to post anything about the students in the photo at all. Therefore, the most I can say about this particular photo is that it is of some of my students in one of my classes. I can say that another class, with students NOT pictured, is full of diversity. Not only is there an almost even mix of males and females, there is a wonderful mix of racial diversity in the class. This is the same class that has a couple of students who were in the Gifted and Talented program, some who are in special education, a couple with ADD and ADHD, one with vision problems, one with hearing problems, and several who need extra help. It is my busiest class, but also, at times, my most rewarding. Watching the students interact with each other in an accepting manner is wonderful!

No comments: